Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Review: Khaled Hosseini's "And the Mountains Echoed"

Spoiler: This book review may contain spoilers.


If my memory serves me right, most of the chapters are told in the first person point-of-view.

I have nothing against Khaled Hosseini, this is my least favorite book of his. I am somehow quite disappointed with the book. I don't know why.

Like the "A Thousand Splendid Suns", it is told by various characters. And unlike "A Thousand Splendid Suns", the book "And the Mountains Echoed" does not contain a chapter featuring two or more characters.

And unlike "The Kite Runner" and "A Thousand Splendid Suns", in my opinion, the theme of "And the Mountains Echoed" of siblings is told indirectly. On "The Kite Runner", fatherhood is told directly. On "A Thousand Splendid Suns", motherhood is told directly.

Rating: 3 out of 5.

Disclaimer:
I do not own the image above.
For informational use only.
No copyright infringement intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment